Our good friend Giselle at our favorite food blog, The Busy Spatula, nominated our site for a Libester Award, an award to recognize & discover new blogs with less than 1,000 followers. The fun part is that you answer questions as a nominee and next nominate other blogs for the award as they answer the questions you ask them. So the following answers are by our frontman, Andy:
1. What is your favorite food?
I’ll have to broaden it to a favorite cuisine, which would be Italian. I can always go for some pasta (or even pizza) because there are so many ways you can prepare it. Think of the pasta-bilities!
2. Do you have a doppelgänger? If so, who?
I don’t think I do but if you find one, please let me know!
3. What is the best gift you have received?
Not sure if this is the “best”, but in Christmas ’94 I received a Nintendo 64 console. It was nothing like the Nintendo Sixty-Foooooour kid but I was stoked, for sure.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you’ll buy?
I actually don’t know. This is one “what if” question that always has me baffled.
5. If you could invite 5 famous people to your party, who would they be?
I don’t think it could be any more random: Dave Grohl, George Lucas, Weird Al, Will Smith, and Jackie Chan.
6. What do you like to do for fun?
I like watching movies, especially the good ones… and once in a while the bad ones…
7. What is your favorite song on your iPod at the moment?
Grace by Steve Fee
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
A tie between cookies & cream and mint chocolate chip.
9. What is your favorite TV show at the moment?
I’d have to say Nashville on ABC. Is that a guilty pleasure? I don’t know – but it’s got good acting, believable drama, and great country music!
10. If you were a superhero, what would you catch phrase be?
“Let’s do this!”
I nominate the following for The Liebster Award:
The Busy Spatula – As if I need to say it again, Giselle’s food blog never ceases to amaze me. Filled with food and desserts, you’ll discover all sorts of creative works of art that you can eat!
Sight, Renewed – Prepare to be amazed by our friend DC’s iPhone and DSLR shots. More recently, he posted photos from the popup dinner he hosted.
To Foster, To Love, To Sing – I met Conor last year at the 2013 Passion Conference in Atlanta. His blog is very real and as a worship pastor myself, I enjoy reading his thoughts on ministry and life.
Becoming Batman – This is a brother from our church who recently started blogging on self-improvement. Before getting to that point of “being” Batman (the best version of yourself), we all go through the “becoming” stages.
Samuel An – Pastor Sam and I go way back, all the way to when he was a youth pastor at Chodae Community Church. His posts are inspiring to me and I hope they are to you too.
Questions for my Liebsters:
- Which is your favorite season? (Or if that’s too tough, which is your least favorite?)
- What is your favorite movie, and why?
- If you could take your ideal vacation, where would you go and what would you do?
- If you had a chance to take 3 things with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
- What type of cuisine do you enjoy the most?
- Which band/artist would you like to see live in concert (if you haven’t already)?
- Do you have any hobbies you’d like to take up? List it/them!
- Who (one person) inspires you, and why?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Do you want to build a snowman?